Followers

Friday 13 June 2014

ANSWERING `WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE' QUESTIONS

TWELVE `LIKE’ SYNONYMS FOR YOU
Learn to answer `your  favourite’ questions using the following synonyms. Use them brilliantly, instead of boringly repeating “I like..I like”..
1.   Fairly / pretty keen on...
·       She is very keen on foreign languages
·       The subjects I am keen on are…
·       I am keen on watching that particular movie
·       He is keen on playing football
2.   Quite / pretty fond of
·       Your mother is very fond of me
·       Though initially there were enemies over the years she has grown quite fond of him
3.   (To be) into...
·       I am really into keeping up with the latest trend
·       My daughter is really into western music
4.   I'm/ totally/ mad about
·       I am totally mad about my football team.
·       Although she is mad about kids, she does not have one.
5.   Big/massive fan of...
·       I have ever really been a fan of cricket..d
·       Are you a fan of Argentina?
·       He is a big fan of our Prime Minister
6.   Have (quite)a soft spot for
·       My child always had quite  soft spot for that particular chocolate
·       Her class teacher has quite a soft spot at that smart boy. She just can’t stand it.
·       My son loves football and obviously has a quite soft sport for world cup
·       The type of food I have a soft spot is….
·       Beware, that drunkard has a soft spot for you.
7.   Quite/rather partial to  
·        Unfortunately, my little daughter rather partial to junk food.
8.   (Really) appeal to
·       What appealed to me about nursing is that
·       His eating habit has never really appealed to me.
9.   Simply/absolutely/just adore...
·       I absolutely adore `Diary Milk’
·       I simply adore Sachin’s batting.
·       I just adore that dress.
10.               Quite/pretty passionate about sth / sb
·       That student is pretty passionate about learning new vocabularies
11.               Enthusiastic about...
·       I am, in fact, not that enthusiastic about attending her marriage
12.               Fascinated by
·       I am always fascinated by his enthusiasm for learning new things
·       I dream about becoming the director of  his institute
……..



No comments:

Post a Comment